Terms of Reference
Objective of the Task Force
To establish a framework for professional recognition and explore the feasibility of setting up a statutory registration system for ICT professionals in Hong Kong.
The main responsibilities of the Task Force are:
- To examine the existing certification, assessment, qualification and recognition schemes for the local ICT profession;
- To identify the mission-critical duties and processes in relation to the ICT profession that will benefit from a professional recognition system;
- To study the case of setting up a unified professional recognition system for the local ICT profession with reference to international practices and systems;
- To explore the feasibility of setting up a statutory ICT professional registration organisation and system as a further step to professional recognition;
- To identify the gaps between the existing and proposed systems and recommend measures to bridge the gaps; and
- To consult relevant stakeholders to get their buy-in to the new systems and measures for the ongoing development of the local ICT profession.
Membership List (from 1 November 2012 to 30 September 2015)
- Prof. Roland CHIN, B.B.S., J.P.
- Mr. Raymond CHENG
- Mr. Edmand CHEUNG
- Ir. Stephen LAU, J.P.
- Ir. Sunny LEE, J.P.
- Dr. Wendy LEE
- Ir. Prof. LEUNG Kwong-sak
- Ir. William LI
- Hon. Charles MOK, J.P.
- Ir. Dr. NG Chak-man
- Ir. Dennis PANG
- Ir. Dr. George SZE
- Members of Digital 21 Strategy Advisory Committee may join the task force.
- Government Chief Information Officer
- Deputy Government Chief Information Officer (Consulting and Operations), Office of the Government Chief Information Officer
- Assistant Government Chief Information Officer (Governance and Resources), Office of the Government Chief Information Officer
- Senior Systems Manager (Human Resources & Professional Development), Office of the Government Chief Information Officer